Oral cancer is one of the most curable diseases when it's caught early.
That's why is important to perform an annual exam. There is available technology that has been proven successful in identifying precancerous and cancerous abnormalities.
Are you at risk for oral cancer?
Virtually everyone is.
- Patients age 18-39 without lifestyle risk factors Sexually active
- Patients age 40 and older without lifestyle risk factors
- Tobacco users (any age, any type)
- Patients age 40 and older with lifestyle risk factors (tobacco use/alcohol consumption)
- Patients with history or oral cancer
An annual exam is performed immediately following a regular visual examination and quick and painless:
Have a complete oral soft tissue examination during your dental checkups.
- First, you rinse with a cleansing solution.
- Then, our dental professional will examine your mouth using a specially designed light technology.
- If a suspicious lesion is detected, it will be marked with a blue dye, and documented for follow up or treatment.